Wednesday, February 4, 2015

ERMAHGERD POMEGRANATES!

Days til the wedding: 66
Pounds lost: 13!


Yes, another pound demolished!


This was me after I weighed myself this morning

Yesterday was fairly uneventful.  I feel like the snow is making us feel lethargic and lazy.  

Breakfast:

Oh. Em. Gee.  Seriously. Best breakfast ever.
  =

So just about every flavor I've had of Yoplait Greek 100 has been awesome (Love the Whips too!), but yesterday's mix of it with pomegranate seeds was amazing.  After the first bite I was like 


If you've never had pomegranate seeds (arils) before you're missing out.  I think I can only describe it like little juicy kernels with a crunchy seed in the center.  Tony and I saw some on sale this past weekend at Valli Produce and bought 2.  I had purchased a small container of the seeds before and thought they were tasty, but I'd never deseeded one on my own.  Tony had never had them before, period.  So began my pomegranate deseeding adventure.  The only method I'd ever seen was submerging it in a bowl of water and it just looked so labor intensive, so when I'd heard of an alternative method from my aunt I turned to YouTube and found this method.  72 calories per 1/2 cup. I documented my pomegranate adventure for you guys too...

Our 2 beautiful pomegranites

Score around the middle

Insides

Lay it seed side down on your palm over a bowl and whack it with a wooden spoon 
(You can see my spoon an bowl in the background. I'd already did some work)

Pomegranate carcass

Amazing breakfast - 172 calories

Lunch:


Grabbed something as I was heading out the door.  I love Progresso soups, you can find lots of low calorie choices, you just have to be aware of the sodium content.  1 can 180 Calories.  I had a little halor orange and also munched on a rice cake.  I know these things get a bad rep, but I really enjoy the buttered popcorn rice cakes.  I think at 35 Calories a cake they're satisfying and you get that popcorn feel without being THAT PERSON in the office who makes popcorn and stinks up the place.


Dinner:

So much guilt.  But we fell to the fast food fix again.  I think I could have done worse...


In all my daily round up ended with 

1242 Calories eaten / 0 Calories burned / 2863 Steps taken

House Walking

As you all have seen, my calories burned has been pretty sad lately.  SO even if I don't work out, I feel like I need to start getting my steps up again.  The fitbit excitement has been fading and I have to remember that these steps I am taking really do translate to calories burned.  My cousin shared this article with me a few weeks ago on how easy it is to get these steps in.  I did do this a few weeks ago, it's something you can literally do anywhere.  Brushing your teeth, washing your hands, on the elevator at work.  Granted people might give you funny looks, so I tend to do this when people aren't around.  They add up quickly! 

Question of the day: If you could pack your bags today and go anywhere in the world for a week where would you go? -- I would pick someplace warm.  Anyplace warm. :p


I think that's all I have for today...We're halfway through the week!
xo Mandie











2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on another pound lost! Once again, I love the motivational posters you put up on your blog. They're certainly helping me stay on track.

    Ok, your question of the day ... My answer is Turkey or Spain. I've always wanted to go to those two places. I've even planned itineraries for them just in case, you know, I get asked to go at the last minute. lol

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love your posters too :)

    QOTD: Italy. I have wanted to go there for as long as I could remember!

    And, I love rice cakes too :)

    ReplyDelete