Thursday, January 22, 2015

Dance party in the living room?

Days to the wedding: 79

Pounds lost: 11 - No change this week.... Trying not to sweat it.


Wednesday. Weigh in day.  Stepped on the scale and no change.  I tried not to be disappointed.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed, but sometimes you need these things to happen to make you push yourself harder.  But it's only one day...I have the next 6 to do better!

I woke up Wednesday morning not really feelin' in the mood for Pumpkin Pie oatmeal. Sometimes, I'm the type of person who just can't eat the same thing everyday, and I knew that most of what I was eating that day would be the same as Tuesday.  Not a problem though, it's not like the oatmeal was wasted.  In fact, when Tony came downstairs in the morning, he saw me eating a pear and I told him I just wasn't feelin' it. He said, "Well, and you probably won't be feelin' it tomorrow either, right?". Basically, he was insinuating that he wanted to hoard the last two jars to himself.  I'm glad he likes it, and he agrees with me, it keeps you full all morning.  Mission accomplished.  


Breakfast: Green D'Anjou Pear

I know, I know...where's the protein?  I thought about throwing together protein shake before I ran out the door, but again....just wasn't feeling it.  I think my project this weekend will to be to find some quick breakfast ideas like smoothie or shake recipes to have in freezer bags.  Or maybe egg muffins with veggies in them.... That way, when I have mornings like this I have a quick go to option.  Ooh, mental note...I want to buy some straws too.


Lunch: Salad in a jar...Chobani yogurt...same as Tuesday.


Dinner: Leftover Stir Fry

Actually... This was better than it was on Tuesday night.  Everything had time to soak in all the flavor. So yummy!

I didn't include my snacks on Tuesday, but if you MUST know... Wednesday, I enjoyed a serving of Multigrain Thin Crackers with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese... I also had some popcorn after dinner and a protein shake made after my workout. :-p


Exercise: Zumba...and Arms via YouTube 

Aka Dance party in the living room. Well sort of.  I think this sums it up: 

But really, as they say, dance like no one is watching.  Because in my case nobody was.  I hope.  Tony wasn't home.  He has yet to see me Zumba, and if he does I will make him participate with me so I won't be the only rhythmically challenged dancing monkey in the house.

Here are the videos I did Wednesday night:  

Zumba Dance Workout for Beginners: 

The last routine in that video doesn't work...so the workout lasts about 15 min

Mo Better Me: Hip-Hop Zumba 15 Min Calorie Count #3:

This one I tried to follow as best as I could.  When it got to the Ciara song I basically just started dancing around the room.  I figured as long as I was moving I was still getting a workout!

How to Lose Arm Fat:

I usually try to do about 20-30 min of Cardo then 10-15 min of targeted exercises.  In this case I did arms! I think the key is to do enough so that you're sore...but not so sore that you can't do it again tomorrow.  It's hard to find that happy medium sometimes.

During my workout, my FitBit lit up and buzzed meaning I met my 7k step goal for the day.  Seriously.  If you don't have an activity tracker, you might not understand the joy this brings me!! 

This week I also started a Challenge on the FitBit app with some of my friends.  It's called the Workweek Hustle.  Basically, it's a challenge to see who can get the most steps between Monday and Friday.  So far I have over 25k steps in! I busted my butt to get myself out of last place and walked/marched/jogged in place for a least a good hour tonight while watching TV and talking to my sister on the phone.  I racked up over 14k steps! So proud of myself.

I need to go to bed earlier too.  Sometimes I get so caught up in "relaxing" at night that next thing I know it's midnight.  I think I really need to be in bed at 9 just to make sure I fall asleep by 10? We'll see... 

To my readers, what helps motivate you to work out after a long day? Do you have to do it before dinner? Or alternatively... Do I dare try to wake up early and do it? I want to hear what works and what doesn't work for you!


Wednesday Roundup: Food = 1185 Calories Consumed / Exercise= 995 Calories Burned / Steps = 14281

Tonight we are attending our food tasting for our reception! I'm excited.  I'll share the experience in tomorrow's blog.

:) Mandie






2 comments:

  1. Motivation comes from doing something you love for working out. There are lots of times where I don't want to get up early or go out after I get home, but I do because I like my classes and the people in them. It also comes from seeing small signs of improvement and wanting to do more as a result.

    For me, it is easier to work out in the morning than after work. By the time your day is done, just just want it all to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jen. Find workouts that you truly enjoy. For me, those are swimming, salsa dancing, and yoga. In the past, it was group classes. Also, try to find someone to workout with. What I mean is to make actual workout appointments with that person to make you accountable.

    ReplyDelete