Thursday, January 29, 2015

Regular Potato...or Sweet Potato?

Days Til the Wedding: 72

Pounds Lost: 10


Happy Friday-Eve friends!





We only have one more day until the weekend! Still, good things come out of Thursdays... Scandal and Grey's Anatomy come back tonight! Who else is excited??

Here is a short and sweet breakdown on my day yesterday

Breakfast: 

1 Cup cut grapefruit
1 Slice Healthy Life Italian Bread 35 Calories 
1/2 T Great Value Creamy Natural Peanut Butter

Lunch:

Asian Salad Jar

Dinner:

Wok N' Fire
Sushi Sampler appetizer  - 463 Calories
Miso Soup - 66 Calories
1/2 Edamame Appetizer - 75 Calories 

Last night I met up with an old coworker/friend for dinner.  It was a lot of fun. It's so nice when you don't see someone in forever but you are able to pick up without it being awkward.  

So I got home from dinner last night fully aware that my right boot had felt tight all day.  Finally upon taking them off my right ankle was swollen.  Tony made me lay on the couch and ice it again with my lovely bag of frozen peas for 20 min.  It does feel a little better than yesterday, but still a dull pain.  I wore flats instead of boots today to let my foot "breathe"...but I honestly don't know if that helps it or not.  


Yesterday I read an article on MSN about the 10 most filling foods for dieters:


  1. Baked Potato
  2. Bean Soup
  3. Eggs
  4. Greek Yogurt
  5. Apples
  6. Popcorn
  7. Figs 
  8. Oatmeal
  9. Wheat Berries
  10. Smoothies
When I read this list, all but 2 made sense to me.  Baked potato and Wheat berries.  The Wheat Berries didn't make sense because I've never head them.  So here is my mental note to research them and maybe try them out soon.  So baked potatoes...Ok it makes sense that they keep you full but I thought SWEET potatoes are better for you?  Turns out when you break it all down it's pretty much a tie according to Prevention.com! Like they said the bigger benefit you are getting from sweet potato is the amounts of vitamin A and beta-carotene it contains.  So the choice is yours...Just remember you're probably going to have to work it off somehow.



On a slightly different topic.  Who's been to Sweet Tomatoes (Or Soup Plantation)?  I found some coupons online that I thought I would share here!  It's a dieters dream  I mean an all you can eat salad bar is perfect! As long as you are making sensible choices the sky is the limit here! Last time we were there I even treated myself to a teeny tiny ice cream cone.  At $11.59 with a beverage included you cant lose! It's definitely a good (healthy) place to go out to eat on the weekends when you might not feel like cooking.  Visit them soon this offer expires 2/4/15! 

Question of the day:  What are some places you go OUT to eat when you are trying to make sensible choices? What do you order? 


Wednesday's Breakdown:

1211 Calories Eaten / 67 Calories Burned (Whoops)/4110 Steps Taken

Catch y'all tomorrow!
xo mandie















3 comments:

  1. I haven't been to a Sweet Tomatoes in forever...I love it though when I go. I do have two free lunch or dinner coupons that don't expire, just saying :)

    You know I am a fan of Outback Steakhouse because they have curbside take-away. What they also have are under 600 calorie MEALS. Yes, an entire meal. You can get a 6oz filet, mixed veggies, and a salad. They also have a chicken and a salmon option. Subway is always a good option with most sandwiches under 350cal. I learned last night that you can make Chipotle healthy if you: Get a burrito bowl, only eat half, stick to beans, veggies, salsa, lettuce, guac, and a little cheese. Bowl in total was 750, ate half and was very full!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I go out for Mexican, I order chicken fajitas and only eat 1 tortilla. For Japanese, I order 2 different sushi's - california roll and crunchy spicy tuna. You could add a miso soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go to my local taqueria and order a steak, chicken, grill fish, or lengua taco in a corn tortilla with lettuce, cheese, and pico de gallo. One taco's just the right size to tide me over until the next meal and is about 180 calories. I also like Whole Foods for their salad bars, Panera for a bunch of stuff on their menu including the Mediterranean chicken flabread which is less than 300 calories and their new broth bowls, and Chipotle for their veggie taco. I put black beans, brown rice, double fajita veggies, double lettuce, pico de gallo, and corn salsa. It ends up being almost as big as a bowl for only costs about $2.50 and has about 300 calories. There's an awesome fast casual restaurant in St. Charles called Just Kabobs. They have some healthy choices including chicken kabobs, grilled veggie medley, and side salads. And, if you want delivery, Domino's has a new chicken and veggie flat crust pizza. Two slices is less than 300 calories. You can even specify a gluten free crust.

    ReplyDelete