Friday, January 30, 2015

Lighten up!!

Days til the Wedding: 71Pounds Lost: 12 (Yay another pound!)



Happy Friday my loves!! I feel like this has been the Longest. Week. EVER.  My throat has been itching and I've been feeling sluggish the last couple days.  I really hope I am not getting sick.  I put the humidifier back into our room last night and felt like it helped a little bit when I woke up.  Might do a nebulizer treatment tonight to help break up this mucus because we have a busy weekend ahead!

Breakfast: 

Protein Shake - 115 Calories

Lunch: 

Asian Style Salad Jar  - 228 Calories

So I made a discovery.  Over the last few years I've grown a little appreciation for celery.  Prior to that I would protest any time it was in sight.  I hated everything about it.  Then, I started liking it with things like wings, ants on a log and I've never minded it cook.  I chopped one stalk of celery into each of these salad jars and by day 2 I was sick of it.  The smell and taste of it was too overpowering for me.  Definitely calls for a  recipe modification next week....

Dinner: 

McDonald's (What?!)
Chicken Nuggets (6) - 290 calories
Sweet & Sour Sauce - 50 Calories
Small Fries - 230 Calories
Cheese Burger - 290 calories

So every now and then, you have to splurge.  But be conscious when you do.  "Fortunately" for me I had enough calories left in my day that I didn't go over! The bad part was I didn't do anything to burn off calories.  I asked myself, did I really need the cheeseburger? Probably not.  But my craving is now satisfied and I'll be good for at least another month.  However I magically lost a pound.  I know it's not magically, I've been really conscious about my caloric intake... At least I know the hard work has been paying off.  




This weekend we have 2 parties...UFC and Superbowl. I am going to try my best to stay on track.  I will be making Filipino style Shanghai Eggrolls...So expect a new (maybe not the healthiest) recipe  next week! 

Speaking of Superbowl, here are some recipes that were shared with me or that I found for Superbowl snacks that can help you stay on track.  I haven't tried these, but they all look great! Let me know if you try them!

Buffalo Cauliflower: 

My cousin just posted this on my Facebook the other day, but I had actually watched a video for it the night before on PopSugar's YouTube channel.  Looks super delicious, I have to put this on my to-try list!





Dani Spies is another YouTuber I watch, Her videos and website are amazing!  She has tons of great recipes and insight on all things clean eating.  She shared 3 great ideas for Superbowl snacks that don't require you to do any real cooking for Superbowl Sunday (given that you have cooked chicken). They all look great...I'm really curious about that vegan queso dip.... 




This is a great recipe to satisfy you're craving but save on those pesky fried food calories.  They even share a recipe for the spicy dipping sauce.  It won't taste exactly the same but you will still get that crunch we all know and love.  

Question of the day: Who are you rooting for this weekend? What is your favorite game time snack and how would you lighten it up?

Thursday Round Up: 

1193 Calories eaten / 0 Calories Burned / 2483 Steps taken

I hope everyone has a good weekend and I will catch you all on Monday! Stay motivated!  

Any further questions or concerns about my blog, please direct to OhMandieBlogs@gmail.com

xo Mandie














1 comment:

  1. I'm not a football fan so no snack ideas for me. I just wanted to say that I LOVE the posters you put at the end of each blog post. They've helped me stay motivated. And, congratulations on losing another pound. WOOT!

    ReplyDelete