Monday, January 26, 2015

Junk Food = Weightloss

Days til the Wedding: 75
Total Pounds Lost: 10

Happy Monday Friends! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Well... I'm not sure how successful, or unsuccessful my weekend was... but I managed to get rid of one of those pounds I gained?

Saturday: 

Breakfast: Tony and I started off our day with a veggie omelette, grapefruit and some low calorie toast.  I don't think I have to share any recipes here...It was a one whole egg one egg white omelette with tomato, mushroom and onions.


We did some cleaning around the house and then we headed to my apartment.  Even though I've moved to Tony's, much of my stuff still lives up north.  Tony brought his dad and a friend to help move my bed over to the house.  And finally, after maneuvering a queen sized bed down the twisty stairway of a two-flat, we parted ways. I picked up some friends for lunch before we went on to Frozen on Ice.  We went to Buffalo Wild wings and I didn't make the best choices.  This was supposed to be my cheat meal this week, not the Jimmy John's I had the night before.  

Lunch: 4 Asian Zing and 5 Desert Heat Wings and a side of Buffalo Chips.  

At Frozen on Ice I got the Snow Cone and the souvenir cup I wanted.  I never realized how messy those things are...I felt like I kid again.

When I got home, I planned on having a salad for dinner, but then we decided to just order a pizza and watch Guardians of the Galaxy (which I loved).  

It was a pretty packed day, but so much needed girl time!  AND I made my step goal!

Sunday: 

I weighed myself in the morning because I figured my bad choices on Saturday would effect me for the worse.  Turned out I lost a pound...Maybe the steps paid off?  

On our way to church we stopped and got some coffee at Dunkin Donuts.  I hardly ever drink coffee because sometimes it gives me bad acid reflux and caffeine headaches.  But it was delightful this morning.  

We ran some errands and stopped at Portillos for lunch.  I ordered some onion rings (and only ate 4) and also got a Charbroiled chicken sandwich.  I took the top bun off, and tore any of the bottom bun off that wasn't touching the chicken (I estimated I only ate 1/3 of the bun).  I was kind of disgusted that they put mayo on the top AND bottom bun.  Don't get me wrong, I love me so mayo...but it just seemed excessive.

Tony's dad came over for dinner tonight and here comes the recipe I wanted to share:

Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie:



I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner based on what we had in the house.  I found this recipe and modified it a little to make it somewhat healthier.  I think I have to make a couple more tweaks because there was A LOT of sodium in it.    

We didn't have all the vegetables it noted in the recipe so instead my version used the following ingredients: 

2 T Vegetable oil
1 Onions finely diced
1 cup Carrot - Chopped
1 cup Celery - Chopped 

1 cup Peas - frozen
Salt
Pepper

4 T Butter - Unsalted
1/2 cup AP flour
1 1/2 c Skim milk

2 cups - Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
1/2 tsp - Thyme, dried
1 Can - Low-fat Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 lb sauteed boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 Can - Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits (8 biscuits)


All together this came out to 412 Calories per serving.  Not the best...but not horrible and one serving totally filled me up.  The guys loved it so much they had 2 servings.

I spent the rest of the evening prepping breakfast and lunch for the week...New recipes to be shared this week! :) 

Weekend Roundup:

Saturday 1580 Calories Eaten / 391 Calories Burned / 7383 Steps Taken

Sunday 1299 Calories Eaten / 238 Calories Burned / 4943 Steps Taken




Beauty Break

Alright, off topic from food and exercise, this portion of the blog is for my makeup loving readers.  I purchased a new lip product on Friday and thought I'd do a short review.

Rimmel London's Provocalips in Little Minx


This product boasts 16 hour kiss proof color.  It comes in 8 beautiful colors.  Of course I chose the brightest hot pink hue. 



My initial reaction: Incredible color payoff and REALLY kiss proof (If you apply it correctly)

I didn't see any instructions on the tube, so I had a little bit of trouble with the first application.  The dual applicator in each tube of the products were doe foot style.  There were 2 steps for application. Step 1: Intense Color.  I applied the color.  It's much thinner than I expected, but went on easily and evenly.  The mistake I made is that I did not wait for this layer to dry out before I went onto the next step.  Had I waited (Like I did on my second try) I'd notice it would feel slightly tacky but not drying like other 2-step long lasting lip products I've tried.  Step 2: Lock & Shine.  Again, a smooth application and a subtle shine.  This product was supposed to last 16 hours and to remove you are supposed to use an oil based makeup remover.  I think a true test of this product on Saturday was that I ate wings, a snow cone and pizza.  I also gave Tony a kiss on the cheek to test that it was kiss proof and there was no evidence at all! In fact, come Sunday morning, I still had a hint of color on my lips. 

Do I recommend this product? Yes! In fact, I am going to purchase this product in at least 1 more color.  



So, here is to a new week!  We're going to the gym tonight.  Oof. I'm going to try my best to achieve the goals I set for myself in my previous post and to keep sharing my journey with you all! 

To my readers:  Having people to help hold me accountable during my journey has been truly helpful.  Seeing how many people view my blog and give me words of encouragement on different social media outlets has also been incredibly motivating.  Bill shared  that using a graph to track his progress helps him see the bigger picture.  What are other strategies have you all use to stay on track? 

Until next time! 
Mandie













2 comments:

  1. So, I have started taking notes when I read your blog so I don't have to scroll back up. I am a dork like that. I was going to ask if you joined a gym yet because I find motivation in working out with others. Joining group classes was scary, but it is paying off. I don't want to miss a class because I feel like I am letting down the other people I see there. And one girl, who is EXTREMELY fit and has become an instructor too, shared with me her before picture from about a year ago. She was me. We are the same height, 5ft-ish. She started her journey at 155lbs also. So, I guess I find inspiration in other people's stories and am motivated to do it too.

    Side note: love the lip color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, love that lip product. Where'd you get it? Walmart? As far as strategies that are keeping me on-track ... I already shared with you that I have some pieces of clothing that were too tight on me. Trying them on once a week and feeling them loosen up has encouraged me. Sometimes, the scale will not give you accurate feedback about your progress. So, it's always good to find an alternate way to gauge how you're doing, whether it's a piece of tight clothing or an increase in the number of reps you can perform or an increase in the weight of your dumb bells or kettle bells or the ability to hold a yoga position for a couple more seconds. Keep going! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete